Great $250 replacement for Intex Filter Pump

jmills

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Billerica MA
When my Intex filter/pump died I found a great replacement for about $250 at Amazon.com. I figure it will pay for itself in not needing to buy lots of Intex filters in 2 years and it works so much better.

Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Above Ground Pool Filter system 50 Sq Ft Complete # 520-4010

http://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Cartridg ... r-mr-title

Be warned that the suction is so strong that it collapsed my almost clear Intex vacuum hose and hose to the skimmer. I am now using stronger hoses.

I was a little disappointed with how the whole system is held together. Only the motor/pump part is firmly connected to the base plate. The filter and debris basket are primarily held on by the pipe connections. There is a bracket under the filter cylinder, but it is not firmly connected.

I had a minor leak with the filter top. The manufacturer sent a replacement filter body with no hassles. By the time the replacement arrived, the leak had slowed so much I haven't bothered to swap in the new body yet.

I am very please with this. I only gave it 4 starts because of the less that great connections between the parts.

jmills said:
When my Intex filter/pump died I found a great replacement for about $250 at Amazon.com. I figure it will pay for itself in not needing to buy lots of Intex filters in 2 years and it works so much better.

Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Above Ground Pool Filter system 50 Sq Ft Complete # 520-4010

http://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Cartridg ... r-mr-title

Be warned that the suction is so strong that it collapsed my almost clear Intex vacuum hose and hose to the skimmer. I am now using stronger hoses.

I was a little disappointed with how the whole system is held together. Only the motor/pump part is firmly connected to the base plate. The filter and debris basket are primarily held on by the pipe connections. There is a bracket under the filter cylinder, but it is not firmly connected.

I had a minor leak with the filter top. The manufacturer sent a replacement filter body with no hassles. By the time the replacement arrived, the leak had slowed so much I haven't bothered to swap in the new body yet.

I am very please with this. I only gave it 4 starts because of the less that great connections between the parts.

What hose or size did you get to replace your collapsed skimmer hose?

I don't remember on the hoses. A lot of them were hand-me-downs I got from free-cycle. I have since sold the pool, filter, and heater, so I can't look at them, My 6 foot 14 YO didn't find a 3.5 foot pool much fun anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.