Hello from Buddysma

May 1, 2010
Brentwood CA
Hi,

I found this site through a friend :) I'm having trouble with my pebble tec pool. My chemicals were really unbalanced so I drained 3/4 of the pool yesterday and refilled it today. Prior to draining chemicals were:
FC = 0
pH = 8.0
TA = 170
CH = 720
CYA = 100

After refilling:
FC = 0
pH = 7.5
TA = 180

I just purchased on of the TF Test Kits so I don't have the other numbers yet and the pool store by my home was not helpful(sorry :( ) I added Chlorine about an hour ago based on the Pool Calculator. When should I add acid to lower the TA? (read another good post on that :))
Any tips on getting the chemicals balanced and stabilized are much appreciated. I'm really glad I found this site

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

Your pH is fine and don't worry about your TA for now. When you get your test kit, run a full set of numbers and put them up here for us and we will go from there. Have you been reading Pool School? Lot's of good information in there.

Hey, Buddy,
How does your water look since the refill?

While you're waiting on the kit, I would suggest you pour about 1/2 to 3/4 of a small jug (96oz) of Clorox in your pool.

It will keep it clear and sanitized 'til you can put some numbers up for us.

Just got my kit today and performed a test. The water is clear now.

FC = 8
CC = 0
TC = 8
pH = 7.0
TA = 130
CH = 460
CYA = 80

Should I try to lower the TA a bit - should I concentrate on the CH? I'm not sure which one I should be working on to get the chemicals back in shape.

Thanks again for all the help
Teri

BuddysMa said:
The fill water (taken from the garden hose) is 190. The CH is down from 720 to 450 after draining and refilling 3/4 of the ppol. Is there any way to reduce the CH without draining again?

Other than replacing the water, there is the RO treatment. Not sure if it is available in your area and do not know the cost. If you want more info on it, just post back.

Thanks for the help - again :)

You're welcome :)

BuddysMa said:
I'd love more info on it!

Thanks!!!!

I might be able to point you in the right direction to someone in your area. You can learn a little more about the R/O process from my signature, and PM me if you would like a referral!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support