Check Flow lights up (fixed!) - Now Clean/Check cell error

aphex

May 1, 2010
The house we recently bought has a Pool Pilot SWG system. Every 3-5 days the check flow light comes on, and when I open up to clean the screen in the pipe just before the salt cell it is always covered in small leaves and debris. I clean it out, put it back on and the systems works great for a few days, but it keeps happening.

The pool is screened in and there are no plants around the pool that could be doing this. Any ideas why the system keeps getting clogged? Could it be time for a new pool filter? (Not sure how old this one is, its from the previous owners).

EDIT: Please see update below, thanks!

Re: Check Flow lights up every 3-5 days (screen is always dirty)

The generator is installed after the filter and there is a pentair cartridge filter inside the filter chamber (9410)

Debris is getting past the filter that shouldn't be getting past the filter. This could be for any of several reasons, torn cartridge, cartridge not seated properly, etc.

Thanks everyone!!! Replaced the filter and the screen has been clean for 2 weeks straight now!!

I am having another issue though now, the AutoPilot says to Check/Clean the Cell (Supercell SC-36). I took it out and it didn't look too dirty, but I soaked it in 50/50 water/muriatic for about 30 mins, popped it back on and it still says the same.

Any ideas what to do?

Take a look at the cell plates and check to see if the edges/corners look worn on some of the plates or if everything looks new.

Also, double check the cable between the control unit and the cell and make sure it is properly connected at both ends and isn't nicked or cut anywhere along the cable.

JasonLion said:
Take a look at the cell plates and check to see if the edges/corners look worn on some of the plates or if everything looks new.

Also, double check the cable between the control unit and the cell and make sure it is properly connected at both ends and isn't nicked or cut anywhere along the cable.

It looks pretty new/clean as far as I can tell. The cell is probably 5 years old or so.

I ran the test and it shows;
3200ppm
Power Level 1
Temp 85F
27v at 3.5a

I think what Jason was asking you to check was the two outer blades for wear, rather than debris. The blades should all be the same length but when the cell wears out, the two outer blades will be shorter, particularly noticable along the edges of the blades.
A 5 year old cell is most likely worn out and in need of replacment.
Have you had the salinity checked and verified? If it's low, it would give you a check/clean cell message too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Poolsean said:
I think what Jason was asking you to check was the two outer blades for wear, rather than debris. The blades should all be the same length but when the cell wears out, the two outer blades will be shorter, particularly noticable along the edges of the blades.
A 5 year old cell is most likely worn out and in need of replacment.
Have you had the salinity checked and verified? If it's low, it would give you a check/clean cell message too.

Ahhh gotcha, actually I'll have to take it apart after work tomorrow, but I do recall the outer two being noticeably shorter if my memory serves me right. So all 4 blades should be the same length? If it does need replacement, any recs on where to get one fairly cheap? Know of any generic ones that work as well?

Salinity was checked and verified on friday at a local store, matches the readout from the display, 3200ppm, but he said I had almost no chlorine. I suppose a side question - But what does the test refer to when it says Power Level 1?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.