Almost stable and looking good

StuartPool

In The Industry
Apr 20, 2010
I just wanted to say that as of today I am almost stable on my pool
The water looks great
Sparlkes
Feels good
Girlfriend says it looks good and thats not an easy thing to get out of her.

Only thing is that my phosphates are running high. Around 300 to 400.
Ive been told not to worry too much about it on here, but Im kinda "I wont say that a word but more compulsive about it :) )

The latest before adjustments

ph 7.8 (added a bit of acid)
FC 6 (adding a bit of chlorine)
TC6
CC 0
CH 250
CYA 50
TA 210
Phosphates 400 +/- 50

Whats the best way to keep phosphates down? I am cleanning the filter 2 times a week. (its what I do)
Im not really sure why they are increasing. It hasnt been a heavy user load this week. Its warm in the mid to high 80's
Not a lot of rain this week.

any ideas?

If you look here:
pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
FC 6 is right on target for CYA 50, so really you don't have anything to fuss with.

Phosphates likewise you don't have to fuss with. Pool stores will talk up how they are "algae food" but really with an adequate FC level you'll never see algae and never have to think about phosphates. (Even if you do get algae, you don't have to think about phosphates, you just shock to kill the algae.)
--paulr

I'd worry more about TA. And I'm not even one of those colonic personalities.

I have no clue what my phosphate level is - never been tested since I bought the place 7 months ago. Why not test your tap water and see what the phosphate level is in that? Then you'll see if you're worried about nothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.