Frederick County, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
The title does not lie. We vac'd a plastic thermometer. It is about 1/2" dia x 5" long or so. Went right up the vac line into the plumbing between the skimmer and pump. Needless to say I am quite concerned. So far, no change in pressure at the filter, and it is not in the pump basket. I also worked the hose quite a bit to see if it was still in there, and could not find it.

So do I.....

- forget about it.
- get a roto rooter type guy to smash it with a drain snake all the while pumping to waste to keep the mercury (or whatever it is) out of the pool water.
- fill the hole with dirt knowing that a pool is just not for me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am ceratinly less worried than before as I found out there is no mercury in the thermometer, just colored alcohol.

What is hard to figure is that just below the skimmer port, it turns 90 degrees. I have no idea how the thermometer made that turn. Consequently, I do not know if it will come back out and make that turn again. Either way, I am less upset today than I was yesterday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.