Help with Green Swamp

Jun 9, 2009
I started over a week ago with a Green Swamp. When I first shocked the pool, the water turned Milky Blue (cloudy) and has remained ever since. I can only see approx. 2-3 inches below surface.

I have been keep the pool water at shock levels daily, pump has been running 24/7 on high. The last 3 days, I have been brushing and vacuuming. When I brush, I do see clouds come to the surface in certain areas of the pool and when I vacuum I am getting up leaves.

Besides continuing to monitor my chemistry levels, can I do anything else? Add DE to filter (new sand filter put in place last year)?

Right now, my chemistry levels are:

FC--17
CC--.5
PH--7.3
TA--130
CH--100
CYA--38-40

Pool is 24 ft AGP with approx. 14K gallons. I am using Sand filter.

Thanks
JB

The single most important thing I can recommend is to keep vacuuming and brushing. It will be difficult to get the pool sparkling as long as there is debris on the bottom or dust/dirt suspended in the water.

Your test results all look fine. Keep them there and remember to replenish the FC often.

I think if you will just do more brushing and more vacuuming, the pool will begin to show some changes pretty quickly. I assume you are running your pump 24/7 and backwashing/cleaning your filter as needed.

Hear hear on Dave's advice. Remember that a sand filter is actually a little more effective when it is slightly dirty, so don't backwash too soon; wait until you see the PSI go up a noticeable amount, like by 6-8.
--paulr

So I have been checking my levels every couple hours and adding bleach to keep above FC > 15. The pool seems to be clearing a bit. I can see a little more of the latter. I have also been adding a bit of DE hoping to filter out faster.

This afternoon, I checked the pool temp and it was 80 degrees. Therefore, since my pool is circular, I got in the pool and went round and round creating a whirl pool. I cut the pump off, let everything settle in the middle and I vacuumed to waste. I emptied 3 skimmer fulls of junk from the pool.

I just replaced the displaced water, checked the levels, adjusted FC, and will check one more time before I go to bed. I really hope this helps.

JB

After approx 3-4 weeks I can finally see the bottom of my pool. Probably only have 1-2 days left and it will be sparkling. Lost count of the amount of bleach I used but proud I did not pay the pool store a dime except for a little DE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.