Pool Glue??

Hello, I just bought a new pump, filter, valves etc. I went to home depot and bought some weld-on 700 clear glue with primer. It says on the can it can be used on pool & spa, electrical, sprinklers, etc up to 4". I am using 2" so I thought it would work. I just completed the job find out that there is a "true" Pool & Spa Glue. My question is before I start my system back up,
1. will the current glue hold?
2. Will I have problems down the road?
3. do you guys recommend redoing the plumbing using the true pool & spa glue?
4. am i freaking myself out and loosing sleep for no reason??

Thank you for the quick reply, I used the glue on all the fitting form the filter to the valves and in the middle. I have a inground pool & Spa, 30K gallons, and all jandy equipment. I also used the glue on the pipes starting from my pool suction and pool return. (two joints sit, about 6-8 inches below dirt)

I think that you will be fine with that. The data sheet that I came across for it states that it is fine for use on all PVC fittings except schedule 80.

I use plain old Oatey Purple Primer and Oatey PVC / CPVC cement for things and never have a problem.

Don't worry about it. I use the clear glue all the time and have never had a problem. In fact I've used about every cement (it's not really glue :) ) they make at one time or the other and as long as you follow the directions they are all fine for their intended purpose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.