what paint to use on your rails around pool?

While swimming today (82° water) I leaned over the rail to chat with the wife... well I moved and my six pack(this is a total estimation on my part) was covered with white paint... So I need to figure out a way to not only paint the rails, but safely remove the old paint from the entire railing...

Find anything out yet?

If they are metal rails I would use Rustoleum. If they are resin then I would search for a good quality resin paint. Marine grade paint is also a possibility but it is more expensive.

When we took the pool apart the other day to start our "remodel" with the new liner,etc., we could see some areas on the metal top plates for the uprights that the salt had some effect on. We sanded with a multi tool and sprayed with Rustoleum. My upright caps are resin but if I had to repaint my metal rails I would do a coat of Rustoleum primer and maybe some enamal on top of that or a Rustoleum enamal if they make it. Rustoleum would certainly be in the mix somewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.