Never ending dirt battle.

Aug 4, 2009
Arizona
We live in the desert, and I live near farms. My pool seems to alwasy have dirt in it. I turn the pump on, brush all the dirt to the main drain, and the dirt stirs up in the pool. After I let it sit a minute it seems that the dirt goes back to right where it started. Spread out all over the pool. I can brush this thing all day long, and it doesn't seem like the dirt goes away.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

What duraleigh said.

I see that you have an infloor system but I guess that isn't handling it. Once we prove that it isn't algae, you might need to look at a robot or some type of active cleaner.

It very well may be dead algae. My pool was very swampy two weeks ago and have taken it from green back to blue, this dirt/algae is my last problem.

It was terribad about two weeks ago. I left my pump on for the whole week, adding 5lbs of shock, some muratic acid, and some Algatec.

It cleaned up very clear. My water is at:
FC 4
CC 0
pH 7.4
TA 80
CYA 60

I don't vaccuum because every time I hook it up, it never sucks anything up. I haven't figured out why.

I don't vaccuum because every time I hook it up, it never sucks anything up. I haven't figured out why.
Yikes!!! Regardless of what the substance turns out to be, your infloor is likely not capable to keep your pool completely clean. I think you will have to vacuum some.

My experience is restricted to just what is reported on the forum, but it seems like in-floor systems just cant get everything picked up.

I don't know how much junk you have on the floor but I think manually vacuuming is going to be an occaisional thing to keep your pool sparkling.

ccirish said:
Sounds good. I guess I better figure out why the vacuum doesn't suck. :-/

Thanks!

A couple of common reasons for vacuum problems:

You have to fill the hose with water before hooking it up to the skimmer.
You may need to partially close the main drain valve or a second skimmer to get enough flow to the skimmer you are using.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Turned out I wasn't priming the hose well enough. I fill it with the garden hose now. I also figured out that if I leave the main drain cracked a lil it vets better results for some reason.

Got all the algae out and have a crystal pool again. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.