Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Draining of Pool Nearly Complete Now What.

1. Back To Top    #1

Draining of Pool Nearly Complete Now What.

Hey Forum!

I am happy to tell everyone that me and my Uncle (more so my Uncle) have successfully drained the pool. We are in the process of cleaning and pressure washing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for next steps that I should I take to ensure that this pool opening is succesful? I am a newbie and I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks TFP and every who responded to the few posts that I have made.
    Pool Size - Trying to figure that out. SBMW 2000 (2048 Model) Inground Pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Draining of Pool Nearly Complete Now What.

HI,
    I don't think we've met. I'd suggest you test your the water you are planning to fill it up with, so you can be prepared with the appropriate products.

Share them with us here and we'll help you figure out whats next.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh ok that is a great Idea. I am going to order a test kit. Today.

4. Back To Top    #4

Another question, too, how do you determine the volume of your pool? Is their some standard measurements I can use to gather this info? I am going to be measuring the pool this weekend to at least get the dimensions of it.

5. Back To Top    #5

use the pool calculator to get the size, if you need to break the pool down into smaller regular shapes, then add it all together, full instructions on the pool calculator near the bottom.
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

6. Back To Top    #6

Now what, you ask? Sell tickets to some skate rats!

On a more serious note, make sure the gate is locked, so no skate rats get in. Or anyone else.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

If you don't need to know the volume before you refill it, and you know where your water meter is, you can take before-and-after readings to get a very good idea of the volume.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Guys for all the assistance, everyone of you. Richard if I had skaters, I would let them take off, I am a fan of skating.

We had to cover the pool today because of potential rain. After further analysis, We noticed their were some small hairline cracks in the liner, but the liner still retains water. Anyone have any suggestions for filling in those cracks? And also does anyone have any suggestions for smoothing a liners surface?

Anyone have any recommended cleaning solutions for power washing the pool? The surface of the pool is really dirty.

9. Back To Top    #9

What do you mean by "liner" - do you mean vinyl liner? Or some other surface...

can you post a pic?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey Frustrated,

I refer to it as a liner, but it is plaster over gunite. I just call it a liner because I am slow.