Low TA

kmtyb

Aug 24, 2009
just wondering.

My TA has been around 50 for the past 6 month. Any harm keeping TA 40-50 level???

BTW. My PH still goes up every week (7.8+) and need to add one gallan of Acid to get it down to 7.4 level.

That seems a little low for a plaster pool but we really can't tell for sure without knowing what the rest of your numbers look like. Can you post a full set of test results?

pH =
FC =
CC =
TA = 50
CH =
CYA =

I would suggest this - Use baking soda to get the TA to 60-70. Allow it to circulate. Raise your CYA as you planned, that can be done in any order, and use the sock method- the TA can be added while the CYA is dissolving. After several hours retest the PH and TA again, see where the TA ends up. Then I'd adjust the PH down to 7.2 with Muratic Acid.

Once the CYA is up, see if you dial down your SWG run time a bit, to see if you can reduce the PH from drifting up. How often are you running the SWG now?(what % )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.