Should I upgrade to Jandy 3 port 1400 Aquapure

May 23, 2007
Michigan
I have the old style 2 port (1400) Jandy Aquapure and am getting the service codes that indicate the flow sensor could be bad. (Gonna Clean it today as a final check) My 2 port generator is about 4 years old and appears to work fine so here is my question.

Since the sensor costs close to $200 and is not compatable with the new three port design should I replace both the sensor and the generator now ? Will the two port style be available for the forseeable future ? Is the new three port sensor a improved design ??

Thanks

It is already getting difficult to find replacement parts for the two port units. If possible, I suggest that you try to fix it this time, and upgrade the next time around. You ought to be able to find the part right now, but by the next time it breaks you probably won't. If the rest of the unit is working, you might as well get what use you can out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.