Round Rock, TX
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
PH 7.7
TA 80
CH 575
CYA 50

The only thing I think I need to do is increase my CYA to ~70 for my AutoPilot. Does that sound about right?

BTW I've had the AutoPilot for ~1 month now and absolutely love it! I have to add acid every two week, but that is not bad.

thanks,
dave

Your numbers look fairly good. Your CH is a little high, so you don't want to let the PH get up to 8.0 (or above) or you could potentially have scaling. Keeping the PH below 8.0 is a good idea anyway, so not a big deal. Other than that, raise the CYA just a little and you will be all set.

I add acid when PH gets to 7.8. Looks like next week will be time. It is about every 2-3 weeks.

Unfortionately, the water is really hard here. My CH after going through the water filter is 200. I will always be fighting this :)

I puts some tricholr tab in to a floater to raise the CYA as they are left over from before my SWG.

thanks,
dave

With your CH as high as it is I would considering dropping the TA to about 60 ppm. Not letting the pH get too high is an excellent idea. One other thing you might want to consider is adding a scale inhibitor such as Jack's Magic Purple Stuff. It might help prevent scale deposts on the cell. Be sure and check the cell on a regular basis for scale!

I checked my cell this week as it had been close to a month of operation and it looked just like it did when it was installed. Nothing on it at all. I was surprised, but I intentionally bought the SC48 for my 15k pool so that I could run it on low. Not sure if that makes a difference, but the pricing was not much different. I currently run it on power 1 at 40% for 8 hours each night.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.