Confused about IC20 vs IC40, and automation

Carla_IL

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Guys,

My pool gets installed in a couple weeks and I am struggling with the last couple points. I was thinking of getting the Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 figuring that the IC40 would be good considering everything I was reading. Questions are as follows:

1.) Since it is 13k the builder was offering a IC-15 for 775.00 I figure I would upgrade to a IC-40. I am in the Midwest (STL) is that a good move?

2.) Should I even buy the Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 I am not installing a in-ground spa? I am installing a portable hot tub. If not what do you recommend for automation I am using a Polaris 280 with booster, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Sta-Rite SR333NA Max-E-Therm and LED Lights along with the other equipment listed in my tag.

Carla

Get the IC-40. The IC 15 would be barely big enough for your 13,000 gallons and even at that, the run time would be almost 24/7 to keep the FC correct. An IC20 could work, but fora few bucks more, go with the IC-40. i have one on a 14,000 gallon pool. It makes plenty of chlorine with a minimal run time.
I would recommend getting the automation controller. It makes ontrolling the IC-40 much easier, and also acts a pump timer. You will like it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.