Installing Eyeballs - pre-plaster

My inground gunite pool is almost ready for plaster but I need to install my eyeball returns … 1-1/2 inch PVC is sticking out of the walls and I have the threaded eyeball fittings … it looks like I have to cut the PVC back in into the recess provided and glue on a threaded adapter … is there any good tool to cut the PVC inside the recess ??? is there an easier way ???

Thanks ...

Welcome to TFP!!

I've never understood the idea behind the 'leave the pipes sticking out of the wall and cut it after the plaster is done' school of thought :rant:

For the 6 years I did crete pools, we knew where the wall would be and plumbed female threaded fittings to be where they needed to be to accept a threaded directional. (it's really not too hard to do :roll: )

However, the threads aren't in place and you'll have to use the 'push in' fittings Scott speaks of :grrrr:

Sorry!

However, this does not mean that your pool is defective, nor that it won't provide you with years of trouble free enjoyment :cheers:

Measure the distance on the fitting from the inside lip where the pipe will seat flush, to the backside of the flange where the plaster will sit. The one I have is only about 3/4". Therefore if you cut the pipe flush with the wall, thebackside of the plaster flange will only be 3/4" away from the wall and as I understand that's about how thick the plaster will be.

Attachments

• SAM_0541.JPG
    SAM_0541.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 292
I needn't have worried ... the plaster guys installed the threaded ports for the eyeballs as part of their service ... said they do this for all the pool builders they sub to ... they did a great job and seemed to me very inexpensive ... I'm sure a builder would have had a 100% markup ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.