why bury an AGP?

We did it for a number of reasons:

Wanted to be able to enjoy the full pool experience of sitting at table or in deck chairs around pool. Wanted the kids to be able to run and jump in, be able to lounge around the edge, dangle feet in water, etc. etc.

Ours is a historic home and while a pool of ANY kind is not "historically appropriate" having it partially buried with landscaping allows it to blend more seamlessly and allows us to have stone/patio in place of a more modern "all deck" look.

Our pool was purchased used for $300. Even with all the excavation, deck, patio, etc. required we had it all up and running for under $3k. I'm not aware of anyone who can install in in-ground for that.

In NE Ohio an in-ground pool may actually LOWER the value of our home. With an AG if and when the day comes that our kids are grown and gone and DH and I no longer use it - it can be removed at what must be a fraction of the cost of removal for an in-ground pool.

momov2 said:
Nice set up for the muskin. 28 years...WOW!!!

Thank you. Sad thing about the muskin is they went out of business so I can't find replacement parts. So if something goes, like a top rail, then I'll have to put in a new pool. Which won't be too bad, after all, I really got a lot of bang for the buck with this one!

I thought mine was pretty nice, and I do love it, love the wide stairs up to the deck as it kind of flows right into the lounge area and pool but after seeing some of the other setups on this board am blown away by some of their setups! Am "envious" of all their huge backyards too, especially those in Texas. Wow! Lots of space there. I mean, for L.A., I have a pretty large yard, as that pool and deck are in that back third of the yard. But it pales in comparison to the luxuriously huge yards of others.

This is a neat idea that I never considered. We got our 18x33 pool free, just needed a liner. Eventually adding a decent size deck. Our pool is up on a knoll, if I would have went this route it would be easier to deal with in many ways but especially vacuuming plus we'd be able to see in it easier from the house. Nice to be able to walk all the way around instead of balancing on the side wall. The only issue I see is the safety factor with kids and pets. Use the deck savings for a fence I guess. Maybe I'll change mine when my liner goes but hopefully that's a long ways away.

I'm already into my AGP for almost 15k including the pool, accessories, excavating, sand, water, reseeding, decking, not including any landscaping. I had to go the AGP route because of the serious slope of my yard, and found one that could be installed as an AGP, on ground (semi inground), or completely inground. http://ezpanelpool.com/pages/home.html and I thought my boats were holes in the water I threw my money into! :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.