screw in pool - help

Jun 2, 2009
Hello, I was installing my stairs last weekend when one of my very helpful 2 year olds decided she could not see well enough and bumped into me to see what I was doing. Well I was screwing in the last small screw for the stairs. Needless to say the screw fell in the pool and I am not sure where it is. My question is can I throw in the automatic pool cleaner and not worry? Is there a chance that the cleaner would press down on the screw and tear the liner?

Thanks
Jourdan

Is it a wood screw (sharp point) or is it a sheet-metal type screw with a blunt end? If it is a sharp one, I would be inclined to probably put a mask on and go get it.

You might try to see if you can locate it once it gets dark. With the pump off and the water still, turn your pool light on and look. You can usually see things on the pool floor pretty well in that situation. If you find it, try the magnet thing like OhmBoy suggested. That way, you don't have to get cold and wet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.