New pool owner, new forum subscriber.......Help Me! LOL

Apr 28, 2010
Ennis, TX
Hey yall. I'm new here. We live in Ennis, TX (30 miles south of Dallas). We just bought a house, that has a 16'x32. oval Doughboy. It is an AGP, that is mostly buried. It is in dire need of some help, and I'm about to get started on it. There is a local pool company that is going to install my liner. I figured I better let professionals do it.

I'm buying a 25 ga liner from linerworld.com. The pool company also offers a 'hard bottom', which is a HDPE 30 ml polyethylene material. Yes, I know it may sound like overkill, but I'm the type of guy that is fine with paying a little more upfront, to not have to worry about minor Crud afterwards.

First question: I have no idea if the water pump works or not. How can I tell? Do I have to wait for the liner to be put in and water in the pool?

Second question: The pool has a stone and mortar edge around it. I'll post a pic tomorrow. There is a gap at the top, all around it, that goes from 2 to 4 inches. I'm guessing that it was caused by settling, etc. Any ideas or remedies for this?

That's it for now. But, I'm sure I'll have thousands of questions here in the next few weeks.

Have a good hump day everyone!

I put a gorilla bottom under ours for the same reason. I didn't want nut grass!

As for the pump. It really needs water in it to test it but if you could run a water hose in it you could turn it on for a few seconds to see if it ran. It'll suck it dry very quickly so you don't want to run it long. While you're taking pics of the decking, take some of the equipment and post them as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.