1950's Pool Fountains- Not sure how they work

MarcoPolo24

Aug 11, 2019
Fort Worth, Texas
First time posting! I recently bought a house that has a pool that was built in 1955. When it was built, it was top of the line, but since, the owners have let it go a little (sealed the drain, never maintaining equipment, etc.). When looking at the pool coping, you can see there are 3 sprayers that look as if they are fountains that spray into the pool. The reason I say that is because they are perfectly evenly spaced apart and have an arrow facing the pool. On the sprayers, it has a "Texas Lawn Sprinkler Co." At first I thought they were sprinkler heads, but after looking at them closer, I'm guessing that they have something to do with the pool. So, my question to anyone out there is do you think that they are a water feature to the pool, or a sprinkler to the lawn? Also, if they are a water feature, how is usually turned off and on (though the pool pump?, separate valve?) Any advice is greatly appreciated.
IMG_0714.jpgIMG_0712.JPG

Welcome to TFP.

My WAG is someone home brewed some water features using sprinkler equipment. I would not be suprised if it sprayed house water into the pool and was not tied into the pool plumbing.

The pump for that system may be long gone. You have to look around the area for any signs of the plumbing to it.

Boy I bet that was something to see back in the day! I love old pools :)

Can we see more pics of the pool (just to admire) and some of the equipment pad (detective work) and maybe we'll see something that stands out....?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.