Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Amazing!

1. Back To Top    #1

Amazing!

This is my 1st year to do the BBB method. For the past 4 weeks, at least, I've been going to the local Wally World and they have been pretty much out of regular bleach, Chlorox and Great Value! I have never noticed the lack of bleach at this time of year before. I stand there, in the aisle staring at the empty shelf hoping more will appear all the while smiling and thinking it's gotta be the BBB!' I guess it's possible that that many locals are doing the BBB!?!? It is AMAZING!!! Is your local Wally World experiencing a bleach shortage too?
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    Pics taken 2012
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0606.jpg
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0607.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Amazing!

Many of us here have noted (or lamented) the lack of available bleach on the shelves during the springtime. As the cat gets further and further out of the bag, it could only get worse unless the bleach suppliers start taking us seriously.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Many of us here have noted (or lamented) the lack of available bleach on the shelves during the springtime. As the cat gets further and further out of the bag, it could only get worse unless the bleach suppliers start taking us seriously.
    Yeah, and when that happens they will raise the price up to what the pool stores charge us Right now it seems like a secret for us "chosen few" here who follow the teachings of the page

4. Back To Top    #4

Check Lowes, I found 6% for $2.98 for 1 1/2 gal container.
    lartay

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, here in Alabama I'm having the same problem. Plenty of the scented kind but no original... I was on the aisle felling the same thing you just described.
    30' Above Ground 18,000 gallons, Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Jacuzzi Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

I find the same thing at 4 different Walmarts that we shop at semi-regularly. I went to a farm/home store a few weeks ago where I've bought 10% shock in the past, and in the middle of their pool section they had a stack of Clorox.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    I find the same thing at 4 different Walmarts that we shop at semi-regularly. I went to a farm/home store a few weeks ago where I've bought 10% shock in the past, and in the middle of their pool section they had a stack of Clorox.
    I was at same farm/home/popcorn store today, uhh...twice, and noticed the same phenomenon...

I really only wanted wooden adirondak chairs....
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I have noticed as I drove through the countryside north of here a billboard advertising a septic tank service that also mentioned chlorine. Each time I am there, not too often, I cannot get a pencil out fast enough to get the name or number before it is past. Were I badly in need of bleach, I might contact an assortment of such companies to see if they have bulk supplies of liquid chlorine.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by poolgirl22
    I was at same farm/home/popcorn store today, uhh...twice, and noticed the same phenomenon...

I really only wanted wooden adirondak chairs....
    I think maybe you are hooked on the popcorn
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat