1st Tests of the Season

May 23, 2007
Michigan
I just got everything running and am looking for chemical recomendations to balance my water.
Also need to know if my pool is about 20K Gallons. 20*40 IG, Liner, 3 feet to 9 feet deep
Temp = 53 deg
CYA = Less than 30
FC = 1 PPM
PH = 7.4
TA = 120
CH = 280
Salt = Drop Test (2800) Jandy Aquapure (2.5) Think the electronics are off when water is cold so I did the drop test with my kit.
Water is cloudy but can see drains in deep end. Just started filter

Also can you also tell me the recomended ranges for all the tests for my saltwater pool.

Thanks

I guess that your pool volume is around 25,000 gallons. It could be a bit more or less. Over time, by watching how the chemicals you add on the basis of that guess work you can figure out a more precise number. If levels consistently go too low then the pool is actually larger, if they tend to go too high then the pool is smaller.

Recommended levels are here in Pool School.

The first step is to start raising your CYA level. I would add 40 ppm of CYA for the first round, and then add more in a week after testing the CYA level again.

You will need some more chlorine, but with the water that cold you have some leeway till things warm up.

Your TA is a little high, not a big deal, but you will want to work on lowering it, either slowly as it goes down naturally, or quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.