Worth it to replace Hayward 3/4 HP with Intelliflo?

Apr 27, 2010
I have an older pool with 1.5" copper plumbing. Due to this constraint, we have kept a 3/4 hp Hayward pump (cant find the model number) which is probably 5 or 6 years old now. We have a spa (used infrequently) but no solar or other water features. Will we see an adequated reduction in out electricity bill if we install a Pentair Intelliflo given that we are not starting with a large hp pump to begin with? My solar installer is trying to convince us we will see significant savings, but I am trying to put some reason behind this given the up front cost of the pumps. I live in the L.A. area with high DWP rates.

Lisadmn, welcome to TFP!

You can probably save 50% of your electric bill with an IntelliFlo. In the L.A. area you ought to have a reasonable break even period on an IntelliFlo, especially if you qualify for the California rebate.

PoolGuyNJ, there isn't any solar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.