grandpa's getting a pool!

Apr 25, 2010
south georgia
hello everyone,
i just ordered a new intex 16x48 ultra frame pool package with the SWG for my grandkids from in the swim, and would like to say hello and i'm going to need some help learning about pool maintenance from the experts on here. this is a great site that i've been visiting for awhile now and have already learned alot. my grandkids are 2,3,5,5 and 8. they are looking forward to swimming at grandpa and grandma's house. anyhow its great to be here and looking forward to the experience. :-D

Welcome to TFP :wave: You and your grandkids are going to love the pool. Especially when you learn the TFP way of taking care of it. :-D Get you a good test kit. The TF100 is great. I couldn't manage without it :whoot:

thanks for all the replies. i'm going to get a good test kit and i'm reading pool school everyday. i have the ground perfectly level after digging down a little which was alot of work as was mentioned by several on this forum. i also ordered the liner shield to put down under the ground cloth and have sprayed the area extensively with roundup. also got all the little rocks and any roots pulled up so i feel i'm ready when the pool arrives. all the great recomendations and learning from everyones prior experiences really helped!

you spray round up all you like,, but it only kills what it touches. when it hits the dirt it goes neutrual and does not do a thing. I didn't know if you knew that...
your going to love your pool... there are some people here to help along the way...
I am a farmer and i use the stuff all the time..

no i did not know that. thanks for the info. just another precaution that i had read about. the liner shield may be all i would need in the long run. also i'm wondering if i should run the pump for a few hours prior to the kids getting into the pool or can i just run it every night for a few hours and be ok?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support