• Total voters

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
vapool said:
Since my hubby refuses to get a real pool boy, we just call our Polaris Carlos. Still haven't figured out how to get it to bring me drinks, though.

NWMNMom said:
Ours has always been called the "mo-better-bot" as in more better than doing it yourself robot

Molson said:
I call my suction side, crawler type "The Piece of junk that doesn't clean at all and gets hung up on the stupid corners all the time, I don't know why I keep putting this in the pool" cleaner

Maxomom said:
Short story... we had the kids in the pool from 8 months on. They were always fascinated and scared of my Hayward Navigator. Today they swim like fish, took them snorkeling in Maui a year ago, but they still ask me to "please take the Gator" out of the pool. My vac will forever be the "Gator".

jmack1159 said:
My husband calls me "Old Woman" but he does it in a loving way. :lol:

jesbar72 said:
We named our Ultra Vac Pita (that's for Pain In The A**) since the hose has to be untwisted daily and parts replaced 'bout once a year. That's really what it is! Although we love it 'cause it keeps our pool looking immaculate!

DMAN11 said:
When our PB was here putting the pool in, they had a helper named Alex... Long story short, Alex always did the clean up at the end of every day. "Alex! Clean it up. Alex! Pick it up. Alex! Put it in the truck." SO, we decided to pay Alex a little tribute ,,,our vac (Polaris 280) has been called, you guessed it,,,, Alex!

Brentr said:
We have a polaris 360 and we call it "Boopy's Favorite Toy". Boopy is the name of our cat and she is very curious moving to the edge of the pool looking at the polaris when it is on. However you should see the look on her face when the polaris decides to swing the tail out of the water and squirts her face with water :shock:
boopy.jpg

anonapersona said:
We call our Polaris 380 "Bad Dog".
"Bad Dog, get off the steps."
"Honey would you go get the Dog untangled - he is over there trying to commit suicide by hanging himself on the rocks."
"Sorry you got sprayed with cold water, he's such a Bad Dog!"
And you know if the Dog is humping the hose connection or stuck on his side at the swim-out and you have to drag him away, instead of thanking you, he will pee on you. Bad Dog!

Dang - I missed this post! Our first cleaner (a Ray-vac) was called "Wilson" (As in "wiilllsooooonnnnn... commmme baaackkk...." (from the movie "cast-away")).

My kids now call the Polaris 380 "Sternum". Still not sure why.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.