Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: Please enter your vote for Name your Pool Cleaner - Best Overall Entry

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • vapool

4 9.52%
  • NWMNMom

2 4.76%
  • Molson

6 14.29%
  • Maxomom

6 14.29%
  • jmack1159

6 14.29%
  • jesbar72

0 0%
  • DMAN11

3 7.14%
  • Brentr

3 7.14%
  • anonapersona

12 28.57%

Thread: Name your Pool Cleaner - Best Overall Entry

1. Back To Top    #1

Name your Pool Cleaner - Best Overall Entry

Quote Originally Posted by vapool
    Since my hubby refuses to get a real pool boy, we just call our Polaris Carlos. Still haven't figured out how to get it to bring me drinks, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    Ours has always been called the "mo-better-bot" as in more better than doing it yourself robot
    Quote Originally Posted by Molson
    I call my suction side, crawler type "The Piece of junk that doesn't clean at all and gets hung up on the stupid corners all the time, I don't know why I keep putting this in the pool" cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxomom
    Short story... we had the kids in the pool from 8 months on. They were always fascinated and scared of my Hayward Navigator. Today they swim like fish, took them snorkeling in Maui a year ago, but they still ask me to "please take the Gator" out of the pool. My vac will forever be the "Gator".
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack1159
    My husband calls me "Old Woman" but he does it in a loving way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesbar72
    We named our Ultra Vac Pita (that's for Pain In The A**) since the hose has to be untwisted daily and parts replaced 'bout once a year. That's really what it is! Although we love it 'cause it keeps our pool looking immaculate!
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAN11
    When our PB was here putting the pool in, they had a helper named Alex... Long story short, Alex always did the clean up at the end of every day. "Alex! Clean it up. Alex! Pick it up. Alex! Put it in the truck." SO, we decided to pay Alex a little tribute ,,,our vac (Polaris 280) has been called, you guessed it,,,, Alex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    We have a polaris 360 and we call it "Boopy's Favorite Toy". Boopy is the name of our cat and she is very curious moving to the edge of the pool looking at the polaris when it is on. However you should see the look on her face when the polaris decides to swing the tail out of the water and squirts her face with water
    Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    We call our Polaris 380 "Bad Dog".
    "Bad Dog, get off the steps."
    "Honey would you go get the Dog untangled - he is over there trying to commit suicide by hanging himself on the rocks."
    "Sorry you got sprayed with cold water, he's such a Bad Dog!"
    And you know if the Dog is humping the hose connection or stuck on his side at the swim-out and you have to drag him away, instead of thanking you, he will pee on you. Bad Dog!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Name your Pool Cleaner - Best Overall Entry

Congratulations to anonapersona for winning the Name your Pool Cleaner contest in the Best Overall Entry category!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats anonapersona!!
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank, thank you. Glad to spread a bit of humor around, at the expense of Bad Dog.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Dang - I missed this post! Our first cleaner (a Ray-vac) was called "Wilson" (As in "wiilllsooooonnnnn... commmme baaackkk...." (from the movie "cast-away")).

My kids now call the Polaris 380 "Sternum". Still not sure why.
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)