Installing an auto refill.

chris4150

LifeTime Supporter
Hello all,

Was wondering if adding an auto refill was possible post pool build and if so, what would be involved. Currently I manually add water, so to speak, when my water level drops, however, I dont want to worry about my levels when Im out of town or on vacation. Also, is it possible to add an overflow run out post pool build.

Chris

To plumb a traditional autofill after the pool is built usually means cutting into the pool deck, which can get expensive. Sometimes you get lucky and can find a pipe at the right depth outside the deck area, but that isn't something you can count on.

An autofill system requires a chamber connected to the pool by a pipe that runs below the pool water level the entire way. It must also be plumbed to the water supply. If you also want an overflow, it also needs to be plumbed to an overflow location.

This complication is why the wireless sensors are popular. However, wireless systems aren't as reliable as hard plumbed systems and don't normally include an overflow capability.

I appreciate the replys. The wireless sounds inviting, Ill have to read more about them. The over flow was more a priority for me than the the auto fill because here in Houston we get some pretty good down pours and Im having to drain the pool at the equipment via gate valve and hose. It would be nice to have the overflow drain out on its own. I know my skimmers have a knock out for an over flow pipe to be run from the pool to another location, unfortunately, this was something that needed to be addressed during my pool build.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.