Bleach sale

Apr 27, 2010
If you have an IGA grocery store in your area, check this week to see if they have bleach on sale. My local store is advertising a 96oz. jug IGA brand for $1.38.

Great site, by the way. I have been reading and learning a lot in the last couple of weeks.

Welcome to TFP!

Always good to know what bleach is going for around certain areas. One thing to take into consideration when shopping for bleach though is the concentration. Some house brands are only 3% sodium hypochlorite. In this case, it may actually be a better value to go for the pricier ones that come in 5.25% or 6%.

A wide range of people have had consistently good results with Clorox, WalMart house brand, and Aldi's house brand. Likewise people have had many problems with bleach from dollar stores and a range of grocery store house brands that did not have a percentage listed.

I checked the concentration today, 6% sodium hypochlorite. I normally use the liquid chlorine from the pool store, and honestly (even after all these years) I didn't know bleach was the same, just a different concentration until I found this site.

What a wealth of information to be found here! Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.