Cloudy Water ...

May 10, 2009
Ok ...

My water was crystal clear before this weekend!!! ... I had some calicum and lime deposits on the side of the concrete where the water line is .... I was told the best way to remove those deposits is to use CLR ... While CLR did infact clean it pretty well, I noticed that it started to get a little cloudy ... After I was finished cleaning the lines, I decided to seal the concrete ... I know that some of the sealer did enter the water, I didn't think it was that much ... However, it got real cloudy .. It was real hard to see the bottom, 3' down ...

It's a 1300 - 1500 gallon IG spa .. After asking around, I was told to "shock" it ... I added the shock directly into the skimmer, and ran the pump for about 5 hours .. It cleared it up a little bit, but it is still cloudy ..

Any suggestions???

anthonycasta said:
...water was crystal clear before this weekend!!! ... had some calicum and lime deposits where the water line is .... I was told the best way to remove those deposits is to use CLR ... While CLR did in fact clean it pretty well, I noticed that it started to get a little cloudy ... After I was finished cleaning the lines, I decided to seal the concrete ... I know that some of the sealer did enter the water, I didn't think it was that much ... However, it got real cloudy .. It was real hard to see the bottom, 3' down ...
Was the concrete sealer solvent based sealer or water-based sealer?
How much of the sealer actually got into the water?

The CLR may have put the calcium into suspension but Jason's right (as usual!) ... Complete water numbers are needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.