Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy Water ...

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy Water ...

Ok ...

My water was crystal clear before this weekend!!! ... I had some calicum and lime deposits on the side of the concrete where the water line is .... I was told the best way to remove those deposits is to use CLR ... While CLR did infact clean it pretty well, I noticed that it started to get a little cloudy ... After I was finished cleaning the lines, I decided to seal the concrete ... I know that some of the sealer did enter the water, I didn't think it was that much ... However, it got real cloudy .. It was real hard to see the bottom, 3' down ...

It's a 1300 - 1500 gallon IG spa .. After asking around, I was told to "shock" it ... I added the shock directly into the skimmer, and ran the pump for about 5 hours .. It cleared it up a little bit, but it is still cloudy ..

Any suggestions???
    18' x 36' vinyl, 3' shallow - 9' deep
    Hayward Perflex E65
    Hayward Superpump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy Water ...

You should post a full set of water test results. That will help us narrow down the possibilities dramatically.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy Water ...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycasta
    ...water was crystal clear before this weekend!!! ... had some calicum and lime deposits where the water line is .... I was told the best way to remove those deposits is to use CLR ... While CLR did in fact clean it pretty well, I noticed that it started to get a little cloudy ... After I was finished cleaning the lines, I decided to seal the concrete ... I know that some of the sealer did enter the water, I didn't think it was that much ... However, it got real cloudy .. It was real hard to see the bottom, 3' down ...
    Was the concrete sealer solvent based sealer or water-based sealer?
    How much of the sealer actually got into the water?

The CLR may have put the calcium into suspension but Jason's right (as usual!) ... Complete water numbers are needed.
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck
    Lots of oak trees, maple trees, *and* leaves!