removing water, SWG water and grass/plants

Hurricane Gio

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2010
Coral Gables, FL
Ok, we get a TON of rain here in SFLA and again the pool is about to crest so I need to get some water out.

How bad is the pool water for the grass, shrubs, etc? Water comes for a SWG.

I have a 100ft hose, so I can dump to one side of the house where its coral rocks and dirt or out into the street.
Its against the law here to use the storm drainage system.

Thanks

On the east coast there are hardly any issues with salt at SWG pool levels. In arid areas the salt can build up in the soil slowly over many years, but anywhere that gets a reasonable amount of rain is fine with dumping pool water just about anywhere you would put any other water.

Hurricane Gio said:
Ok, we get a TON of rain here in SFLA and again the pool is about to crest so I need to get some water out.

How bad is the pool water for the grass, shrubs, etc? Water comes for a SWG.

I have a 100ft hose, so I can dump to one side of the house where its coral rocks and dirt or out into the street.
Its against the law here to use the storm drainage system.

Thanks

We sure did get a lot of rain down here today didn't we!.... Then I came home and find that my 11 year old was adding even more water to the pool....He wanted it to go "to the top"....

I have occasionally dumped my pool water (I also have a SWG) over the last 5 years. Never had an issue with plants or the grass and that includes last year when my salt level was over 5000 after a bad cell/reading and I had to dump 1/3 of my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.