You'd think I'd know better...

Hah! Serves you right for using pucks. :lol:

I ruined one shirt (a dress shirt, at that,) opening my chlorinator last year. After that, I always made it a point to either be wearing my grubbies or a shop apron. I haven't bothered with either so far this season using bleach. I measure the bleach into a marked pitcher sitting in the mud sink, lower the whole pitcher into the water, and let the water flow slowly wash the bleach out. I then rinse it thoroughly before I take it back out. It will work great this way until the day I trip on the way to the pool and spill 2 quarts of bleach on my good clothes. :hammer:

It helps if you don't try to hide them under your shirt because you don't want anybody to see you sneaking the trichlor. ;-)

Seriously though--rubber gloves. I learned that early on, the pucks rub off on anything including skin, it used to take me a couple serious washes to get the smell off.
--paulr

Bama Rambler said:
Shame on you! :hammer:

Don't feel too bad, I thought I'd ruined a pair of shorts the other day filling the liquidator. A single splash of bleach spit out but luckily it landed on my knee and not my pants.

Mine always lands on my knee in that case; I never wear anything but shorts :cool:

Me too. I have a pair of black scrubs pants in which both legs are speckled like a robin's egg from bleach splatter. I got lazy and was probably in a hurry. Didn't notice it until later, while at work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have two pairs of shorts and four t-shirts that are dedicated to "pool care" and all are speckled with something. My wife says I'm just sloppy, but I've been telling her that I read somewhere on the forum that it was just a normal part of being the pool boy. Did I get that wrong?!

There's also this strange place on my thigh where the skin is coming off. I'm fairly sure that's only because my shorts aren't long enough, but now I'm starting to wonder ...

Just joking about the skin thing, of course!

frustratedpoolmom said:
In three full seasons of BBB I've only gotten ONE small spot on my clothing when adding bleach. One!
In three weeks of using trichlor in a floater, I've ruined 4 articles of clothing. 4!!! Argh.
I wiped out 2 pairs of cargo's last summer when the bottom hem of them became "spotted" due to small bleach splashes BUT NEVER TRICHLOR!
My answer: Cut off the legs, hem the bottoms (with the fashion-necessary ties hanging out, yea I have teenagers!) and have cargo shorts.

Muratic does a number on leather deck shoes too! I know, now it's always by "yard pants" when working with chemicals. :oops:

I guess I am lucky so far, Have not gotten the spots yet. LOL But I am sure my time is coming!!! I live out in the country and i go out after dark in my undies and get water sample and then add what i need to.... but for you city folks that may not work real well....

I have to admit Ive been a victim of splash out, not once, but twice on cargo shorts. :evil: If they had only been a bit shorter than it would have been no harm no foul. I did brave it this weekend while wearing my police uniform to work an extra job and wanted to up my FC before leaving. Talk about low and slow :-D

Chris

chris4150 said:
I have to admit Ive been a victim of splash out, not once, but twice on cargo shorts. :evil: If they had only been a bit shorter than it would have been no harm no foul. I did brave it this weekend while wearing my police uniform to work an extra job and wanted to up my FC before leaving. Talk about low and slow :-D

Chris

hahaha, I've done the same, esp in spring while shocking, I'd stop by during the day to add some bleach VERY carefully. Be hard to explain to the Sgt how I got bleach stains on my new black pants. :D

257WbyMag said:
You need a taller fence. :)

They don't make a fence tall enough...Mine is 6 ft tall...I feel as though I'm on stage while by my pool....
pool.jpg

you all need to move to the country.... The way i look at it is, my underwear are just like my swim suit, just a different style... LOL But i have had bleach splash up on my leg before... just a good reason to jump in...
My nearest neighbor is a mile away and she is 88 and does not drive, so I am pretty safe in my birthday suit...
Anyway guys be careful of the spots...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.