I plan to convert soon and have been reading the Pool School and threads and have a TF-100 test kit.
I have some questions:
1. I believe I noted the bleach should be poured into the pool at the inlet into the pool. I assume pouring into the skimmer would not be good for equipment.
2. Can bleach be added with the solar cover on? Just pull back enough to pour?
3. What is the maintenance level of bleach required? I saw a thread that said 1 gal per two days which is approximately 15 gal per month.
4. Looks like I need about 20-30 gal to start and plan to buy more in a couple of day, correct?
5. I also read a thread from 'waterbear' a pool guy that recommends using Sodium Percarbonate that will speed up the process. Why do you not recommend this?
Thanks for you help and I know it is the busy time of year so I hope I need minimum help.