Small Symmetrical Stains in the deep end.....

Apr 25, 2010
I am new here, but have been a long time lurker and have really enjoyed the forum.....but now I need some help.

I have a stain problem that is concentrated in the deepend of the pool. The stains are small semi circular and brown. They are not all exactly the same shape, but there is DEFINITELY a similarity to the stains. There are probably 75 or so individual stains. I thought they were from juvenile pinecone deposits, but after rubbing a tri-chlor tab o n an area a few times with no improvement I moved on. I got the Jacks test kit and "step number 5" made a stain fade significantly. This would tell me that it is copper/scale. But, could copper stains be all the same shape??? I need these things GONE....and I need help.

Could you post a full set of numbers and some pics of the stains?

From the description, they sound organic to me :?

What is your location, city & state?

Are you just opening the pool?

What is the pool surface?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I am also beginning to think they are organic stains, mostly due to their symmetrical stains. I guess they may be from baby Pinecones sitting at the bottom of the pool for a period of time. But I have shocked the pool numerous times and they are still there, and I have rubbed a chlorine tab on them and they are still there. Anything else I should try for STUBBORN organic stains????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is your water temp? If an AA treatment is going to work (that is if it's not organic and a metal that can be lifted with AA) it may take a week or more to see results in cool/cold water as chemical reaction will be much slower than in warm, swimming temp water. I did AA last fall with water somewhere in 70's. It took two weeks of treatment.

Contrary to popular belief, with continued use of certain sequestrates and keeping pH at 7.2 my scale continued to release all winter.

Some pictures would certainly help. Sounds like organic to me too. I've dealt with copper stains and they have never been any way "formed"; rather streaky and/or spider web looking.

Over the winter my copper stains did lighten. It could have been because the stains were imbedded in the scale that did release over time.

gg=alie

Yep JET....its me. Your Texas brother. I have read a LOT here...and like what I have absorbed so far....

I will take some pictures and post them up and see if we all cant get to the bottom of this, if we do....POOL PARTY at my house.

I am in Pearland Texas. Water is 74 degrees and it is a plaster pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.