howdy everyone

exiled

Jun 7, 2009
las vegas (sin city)
hi folks,

new pool season my 2nd and i plan on using my pool even more then last year. this season started off a little rough i uncovered my once beautiful blue sparking gem of a pool to find a hole filled with a gelatinous john deer green liquid. :grrrr: well i had planned a partial drain this winter since last yr my first pool owning the previous owner let the cya run over 120 :rant: so figure now was as good as time as any. so threw in the sump pump and ran it to the sewer clean out. while it was pumping hit the store 9 gallons of 10% chlorine 2 gallons of acid and a case of mt dew. :goodjob: Returned to my mess of a pool it was about 2/3 the way empty. ok lets do this started filling the pool hit it with a few gallons of chlorine and a a half gallon of acid right off the bat let it fill most of the way. Fired up the pump hit it with 2 more gallons of chlorine and started vacuuming 8 mins later filter was plugged. :shock: so after several days of vacuuming filter washing acid adding chlorine bombing and a whole case of (pop) my pool is now back to its former splendor :party: :party:. thank you to the fine folk of this site if it were not for you i would have turned the pool into a flower pot and forgot about last year.

new set of test numbers as of 4pm
fc 14ish <----- this is high from the shocking chlorine bombing on start up letting the sun and time take its toll
cc 0 it didnt register
cya 35 <-------- last yer was 120+
ph 7.6
ta130
ch260
77F

Butterfly said:
Hi exiled and welcome back,

You cleaned it up last year and posted a pic of your beautiful sparkling pool :-D

Since you are in Vegas, what plans do your have for your CYA level?

right now i haven't a clue might add a lil bring it up to mid 40's and leave it. i know the sun burns off the chlorine but my pool is covered 80% of the time i uncover it at night to let the heat out and cover it again in the morning no need for a solar heat set up out here. im toying with the idea of enclosing my pool in a green house type pool house with darker tinted windows so i can swim yr round with the addition of a heater for the winter months. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.