Green algae in 24' Intex.....

May 19, 2008
gulf coast of Texas
Our pool is 1/2 filled with water. We stored the DE filter and the pump over the winter. But due to some bad storms over the winter...I guess it cause algae to start. My question is this. Should we go ahead and fill the pool the rest of the way up with water, connect the pump and filter and treat the algae...OR...should we just pump out the algae water, scrub down the pool, and refill and treat the algae that way?? This way the water isn't so green and maybe won't be so much work in treating the algae??

Thats what we're leaning toward..draining, cleaning it out and refilling. Then HOPEFULLY keeping it algae free year round. Yes, its a metal frame pool, so the sides won't collapse in or anything. And we won't let it dry out after pumping all the water out...we would scrub it down and begin to refill it that same day. Will probably take us all day to clean it...but I think that will be better than filling it the rest of the way up withit all green and fighting the algae the next week or two IF we're lucky.

I'd top her off and shock it, brush it and sweep it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.