How to partial drain AGP?

May 22, 2009
What's the best way to do this? Just drain to the skimmer, refill, and drain again? I'm going to try to get my CYA down this year. Our pool is being opened in 2 weeks.

Or, should I get some sort of pump thing that goes in the pool and drains it our through a hose over the side. Do they make something like that? LOL, or am I just totally making that up?

First thing to do is post a set of numbers and we can help you figure out how much to drain refill.

Next is that there are several ways to partially drain your pool but just draining it ot the bottom of the skimmer is going to take an enormous number of drain fill cycles. You can get a sump pump and pump about half of the water out through a hose. You can also use your vacuum hose plugged into the skimmer to pump the water out using your pool pump. You can even use your vacuum hose to siphon the water out of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.