Lowering TA

OK!!
Here is what I have now
FC 4
TC 4
PH 7.3
TA 150
CYA 50
I put in 4lbs of stabilizer and 28 oz of muriatic acid. I also made a cool gismo with my air compressor. I drilled a zillion little holes in a 24ft piece of tubing laid it in the pool hooked it up to the compressor and wala "Tiny bubbles in my pool makes me feel happy and its pretty cool"

However is my TA still too high? More acid?? and what is the TA going to do for me if its lower?

Thanks for all your help

Ken

Your CYA is 50 and you added 4lb? Or is that what you got after you added the 4lb (I hope)?

What's your CH? If it's low-to-normal then there's no chemistry-balance reason to lower TA; but if you find the pH rises too fast to keep under control in a reasonable way, then it's worth purposely reducing it.

If your CH is higher, then getting TA down under 100 is probably a good goal.
--paulr

PaulR said:
Your CYA is 50 and you added 4lb? Or is that what you got after you added the 4lb (I hope)?

What's your CH? If it's low-to-normal then there's no chemistry-balance reason to lower TA; but if you find the pH rises too fast to keep under control in a reasonable way, then it's worth purposely reducing it.

If your CH is higher, then getting TA down under 100 is probably a good goal.

--paulr

Sorry about that.. these are my readings after I made the adjustments. My CH is 300

Your current TA level is alright as long as your PH doesn't ever go above 7.8. If you have problems with the PH drifting up quickly, then it is worth working on lowering TA, but otherwise you can leave it where it is.

To attach a pic it's easier to use PHotobucket or a similar photo hosting site. It automatically resizes the pics for easier viewing. These sites are usually free.

AFter you upload to their site, just copy and past the "IMG" code into your message here and the pic appears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.