Automation Help

jhall

Apr 25, 2010
Hi,

I have an Anthony pool that was put in in 1996. I want to update the control system for the pool/spa and I'm not sure what is the best way to go. SInce Anthony brands all of the equipment with their name I'm not even sure what I currently have. I have attached a couple of photos of the control panel and the power panel and was hoping someone could identify them. I believe the power panel might be Jandy and the actuators on the valves appear tp be Jandy as well. Can I use one of the Jandy conversion kits? What if I want to add wireless control? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 159
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 159
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 159
The outdoor panel looks like a Jandy 2000, as well as the valve actuator in the pic. Indoor panel must be Anthony's own design as I've not seen it before. Most automation these days need only 4 wires, so you can use the existing com wire thats already run for your upgrade. Decide on weather or not you want wireless before you buy as the upgrade later is a bit pricey (Jandy that is). But don't feel tied to Jandy, most any system will work here. If you go wireless, you could eliminate the wall mounted panel.

Thanks Pool Clown,

I've been able to do a little more research and Jandy does make a conversion kit for my installation. It costs $800-$900 on the market and all it does is replace the controller in the house and the circuit board in the panel as well as the temp sensors. This isn't a lot of bang for the buck. If I want to just dump this system and install something else using the existing wiring and perhaps add a wireless controller what other options are there? What would anyone recommend?

Thanks,

Jon

FWIW, It is a J2000 and it's older than '96. The Anthony version had some custom OEM programming chip. I have a couple customers with them still. It's a PITA when the power goes out as they forget their programming. As you know, it was obsoleted some time ago.

What equipment do you have for the pool. Is there a spa, lighting, multiple pumps, etc...?

How far away from the house is the the equipment pad? Doors and walls will limit wireless range.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. The pool has a single pool light, single speed 2hp pump, polaris cleaner w/pump and the spa has a single light and a blower. I hve two Jandy actuators on the returns and skimmers/drain. It is about 75 feet from my house to the equipment with at least two walls in between. I would be happy with wired to the house but would like a wireless controller I could have out by the pool. Where in NJ are you? I'm kinda close to the bridge into Delaware.

Jon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.