Test kits in the UK

I bought the 7022 kit last year from a different supplier and paid slightly more than on your site so that's a good start (for you). It's a good kit but I do have one gripe and that is the amount of DPD powder you get is not enough to do 100 tests. Interestingly in the blurb on the LaMotte website it says (or used to say, haven't looked since last year) that there is enough reagents to do 100 tests for everything in the kit apart from how many tests the pot of DPD powder can do. This is a bit odd because the amount of drops you use for testing FC, TA and CH is variable but the amount of DPD powder you use is not.

I have just emptied one pot into another and can confirm that the DPD pot contains 43 level spoonfuls of powder. I had several emails with my supplier last year and I mentioned this anomaly and have just emailed them again to see if anything has been done about it. I'll let you know what response I get.

LaMotte also do a ColorQ Pro7 kit with a different CYA tester that doesn't use the disappearing 'black dot' test. My CYA is between 60 and 70 and when you go over 40 the gap between the numbers on the tube gets quite small so it's not as easy to get an accurate reading. I've also had readings jump between 50 to 70 with the same water sample and was told on here that can happen sometimes so given the choice again, I would have gone for the Pro7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.