LinkC in Sunny FL

LinkC

Apr 24, 2010
Hi. My name is Link. Been a pool owner for about 14 yrs (or has the pool owned ME??)

16000 gal freeform (kidney) with 1 yr old PebbleTec interior and Cooldeck surround. Hayward pump and DE filter. Polaris crwler cleaner. And a failing Uniclor offline chlorine generator. I've struggled to keep that POS running for several years. I'm about to convert to a SW system and looking for advice/consolation.

We live in Fernandina Beach, FL. On the Atlantic coast as far North as you can get and still be in FL. When the wind if right, we can smell GA! (Really. There's a paper mill in St. Marys, GA...just across the sound. And when the wind is from the North,,,well...)

My 5yo granddaughter was very upset to learn that the pool wasn't opened this weekend.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

While you are looking to get an SWCG online, you can get the pool up and running with BBB. Check it out in the Pool School section.

Welcome Link :wave: We are in North Jacksonville so we are practically neighbors. This is a great forum and there are lots of people both in and out of pool industry always willing to help you. :cheers: :cheers:

Thanx to all for the warm welcome. I already have the pump running with "B" to clear things up. Been using Walmart generic bleach for years as shock. Probably do a test tomorrow AM and do some balancing.

Thanx again. :wave: (Waving to my neighbor Brent...)

LinkC we have a SWG and so far we love it. No more chlorine pucks and shocking with all those chemicals. You will get lots of opinions on SWG and types etc. We have a Goldline SWG and it was recommended by our PB. So far he has not steered us wrong. :goodjob:
You can post your pool info and equipment in the signature bar :cheers: