Winter Cover Question

Apr 24, 2010
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and need some advice. We removed our 16x32 pool cover today and tore it in the process due to it having dried out and become brittle. I'm in Arkansas and we still get lots of sun in the winter so I'm not surprised.

It was a cheap cover that came with the pool and it lasted 3 yrs. A similar cheap cover is about $60 and I would expect a 3yr. lifetime for it as well. The best quality cover I can find runs about $190, so it would have to last more than 9 years to make it worth the money.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on the matter.

Welcome to TFP!

The following is just my personal preference, not universal advice. I go for the cheap covers and replace them every few years. Any time I get an expensive cover something happens to it and it gets ruined anyway. Several years ago a large branch fell and punctured the cover (but not the liner thankfully). Then the next one got used as a mouse nest all summer and ended up full of holes. After that I only buy the cheap covers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.