My Journey from Green to Crystal Clear

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
Hope this little post can help those that seem to want to give up. Do not give up. It is hard and at times you do want to give up but you can get there. I know mine is not near as bad as some, but it took a lot of work for me. I never had any experience with taking care of a pool until I started working on the pool. Started around beginning of November 09.

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 677
Great Job. :cheers: And really good for others to be able to see. In the winter it does take longer because of the slow down of chemical reactions due to cold water.

Is that big angled "roof" going to be used for solar panels? I bet you had to do a lot of backwashing. :rant:

gg=alice

geekgranny said:
Great Job. :cheers: And really good for others to be able to see. In the winter it does take longer because of the slow down of chemical reactions due to cold water.

Is that big angled "roof" going to be used for solar panels? I bet you had to do a lot of backwashing. :rant:

gg=alice

The angled roof I think the one you are talking about is part of the house. I would say like 2-3 times. May had needed more, but what I did seemed to work. I did take it apart about a month ago or so and it was very dirty. So maybe should have backwashed more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
Tremendous!

Only thing that worries me is that floater...

Watch the CYA level or you'll end up like me, unable to use the simple color-matching test for Chlorine

That floater is just in there. The stuff inside is almost gone. I have had it in there for a while, but the pucks are almost disolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.