Test kits

brook

Jul 22, 2007
What test kits do ya'll recommend for home use?
I am using a "Pentair" test kit which has me compare my water with a color chart. The problem is that I am often unable to decide which color my water (FC) reads. On the chart that measures chlorine, the colors correspond to .6, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0 and my water (FC I guess), is between a 2 and 3. ( Am I making sense)?
I was unsure of my testing methods and took my pool water to 2 pool stores to be analyzed. They both told me that the FC was low (1, and 1.3), and needed to be shocked. I had tested it myself before I took it to them and the FC was between 2 and 3 and dark pink, which to my interpretation meant had plenty of free chlorine.
So I guess I am asking if there is a better or easier testing kit that what I could be using?

I have been a pool owner now for almost 2 months, and am trying to learn the proper way to take care of it.

Any recommmendations would be helpful.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.