cracked PVC inside heat pump

Apr 24, 2010
Seems like every couple of years I fail to get all the water out of the heat pump PVC pipes and it freezes and then cracks the pipe inside the Heat Pump. Removing and adding in new 2" PVC pipe is a fairly straightforward job...BUT the problem is there is no really easy way that I can find to get access to change out the PVC!

Anyone know how to remove most the heat pump cover to get easy access to the PVC? Need to cut out the old PVC and add in the new section of straight and elbow PVC piping.

Any guides or suggestions is greatly appreciated! The heat pump is Pentair HP800XL.

It's way past the warranty. The biggest problem was that the installer never installed any drain valves on the IN/OUT PVC externally. So each year I hook up my wet vac and either blow out through each side or vacuum out existing water in the lines.

Just need to get easy access by removing the outer shell of the heat pump cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.