First time Opening with BBB

Jun 9, 2009
Last year with your advise I coverted from Baqua to BBB. I did not cover my pool and as you can probably guess it was Solid Green (could not see Bottom). Pool is above ground 24ft vinyl with approx. 14K gallons.

Last weekend, I tested everything and CYA was at 5 so I added the appropriate amount and now it reads:

CYA-40
TA-100
CH-100
PH-7.0-7.2

I went ahead and brought FC to 16 and the pool went from Green to Milky Blue. I kept at 16 for 2 days and had to leave on travel for the week. I had the wife put in Bleach just to keep FC in the pool. I let the pump run 24/7 all week.

When I got home, it was still Milky Blue. I will be able to devote time to the pool now and my current levels are:

CYA-40
TA-100
CH-100
PH-7.0-7.2
FC-16
CC-.5

What do I need to do to get from Milky Blue to Cystal Clear? I can not see bottom so not sure what is down there. I am sure I have leaves and debris.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
JB

Lost 2 ppm in Overnight test so still keeping at shock levels. Pump has been running for days now 24/7 and still milky blue. I have been brushing but not vacuuming since I can not see bottom.

What else do I need to do? Do I need to vacuum? There are definitely leaves in the pool because when I brush, some come to the surface. Just concerned that the milky blue does not seem to be subsiding????/

Thanks

The algae isn't all dead yet, so the water isn't clearing up yet. You are close, but not quite there. Once the algae is all dead, it can take several days to a week for the water to clear up, but you should see a visible improvement day to day (but only once the algae is all dead).

Vacuuming or pulling out leaves with a leaf net as best you can is a good idea. The more organic material you can get out of the pool the better.

Keep an eye on the filter pressure and backwash/clean the filter as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.