Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need advice on deck paint

1. Back To Top    #1

Need advice on deck paint

Our decking is textured concrete with a painted surface. After three years it is exhibiting some wear and tear. We also want to change the color slightly. What are some of the newer and better paints out there? Ramuc seems to be pretty popular in online advertising. Anyone have any experience with it?
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Need advice on deck paint

In the past i've always used the Olympic Patio Tones. They offer a variety of colors and i've been pretty satisfied with the results. I painted two decks about four years ago and they both look great to this day. Olympic makes pool paints as well so I feel like they know what is necessary for the deck around your pool. Its another name brand to consider.

Mike
    16K IG Plaster Pool w/ Hayward 36sq.ft. DE filter I'll have to add the pump info when I can get to it.
    Testing with TF-100!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Is a primer coat needed ?
    miegbert

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine is in need of it, but how can you tell if the PB used paint or stain on it?
    18k free form IG w/spa (4 jets), Paramount in floor cleaning system, Starite system 3 filter, Jandy 2hp ePump, Sta-Rite SR400LP Maxi-therm propane heater, Jandy aquapure/apurem 1400 SWCG, Jandy automation PS4 w/PDA, IntelliBrite 120v 5-G LED pool & spa lights, 2" piping and (3)4x12 (5)4x10 Fafco Sunsaver Solar Panels.