IntelliChlor with Suntouch

TR3Rod

Apr 23, 2010
I have just changed to a Suntouch controller. I have hooked up the IntelliChlor today and am programming it with the Suntouch. When I get to the IntelliChlor menu and select yes to enable the IntelliChlor that the pump will start running. I am using a Pentair VF pump controlled by the datalink. With the IntelliChlor menu set to no for the IntelliChlor whenever I do anything that will run the pump the IntelliChlor appears to be working normally though I can't go to the Suntouch IntelliChlor menu and see the PPM of the salt level. Is this the normal operation or am I missing something.

Thanks
Rod

Do you have a wire that runs from the Intellichlor box to the Suntouch box? This is a wire that is not included with the Intellichlor, but you, the installer must wire up. It is a two pair (four conductor) wire and connects to a red four conductor buss at each box. This is so the two can talk.

I have the cable from the IntelliChlor to the IntelliChlor power center. I then have a 4 conductor cable running from the power center to the Suntouch. This is connected to the dataport at each end with a +15 volt, Gnd, + data and - data connections at each end. I know that this is working as I do get the salt level in PPM when I have the IntelliChlor enabled on the Suntouch menu.

Rod

TR3Rod said:
IntelliChlor appears to be working normally though I can't go to the Suntouch IntelliChlor menu and see the PPM of the salt level. Is this the normal operation or am I missing something.

recent post:

I know that this is working as I do get the salt level in PPM when I have the IntelliChlor enabled on the Suntouch menu.
Rod

Sounds like the problem has resolved itself, yes? Sometimes you need to let it run for a while, before the readings are available.

No, I always had the reading but just when the IntelliChlor is enabled in the Suntouch menu. However when the IntelliChlor is enabled in the Suntouch menu the pump will always run and the only way to shut it off is to disable the IntelliChlor in the Suntouch menu. If the Suntouch turns on the pump for any purpose the IntelliChlor will run but I am not able to see the salt level, it says the the IntelliChlor is not connected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.