which salt should I use?

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
I am going to go ahead and get my salt added to my pool. So last night I went to my local "DIY BOX STORE" and they had an entire shelf full of various salts for softeners and such. some pellet, some coarse, nothing fine, like actual pool salt comes as.

anyway, I narrowed it down to 2...one is the cargill 99.9% pure solar salt in the blue 50 pound bags..they are $5.89 a piece. OR.....they have this white bag, not sure who makes it..but it said coarse rock salt - 98.9% pure..this comes in 80 pound bags for $7.00 a bag.

What should I go with? the larger bag, or the smaller, higher purity salt?

Thanks for any info.

Dan

It is generally not suggested that you purchase anything less than 99.4% salt for use in your pool. It is a quality control issue more or less. This is because there is really no way of knowing what that other 1% may be and it could be something that you may not want in your pool such as metals or other contaminants.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.