where to set jandy valve actuator???

elyk40

Apr 23, 2010
I have two lines running from the pool into a jandy 2440 actuator leading into the pump... one line is for the skimmer and one is for the main drains at the deep end of the pool. Where should I have the actuator set up to pull water from skimmer, main drains or both?

A suction side valve actuator is normally used to control suction from a pool and spa combination or to turn on a suction side pool sweep, not a skimmer and main drain that are both on the pool. If you don't have a spa or suction side pool sweep, you don't need a valve actuator. Controlling the valves should be a manual operation normally.

Just what is it that you are trying to accomplish and why?

Scott

PoolGuy NJ

I should have been more detailed. I do have a pool spa combination with a second jandy valve actuator for the spa. I also have a caretaker in-floor pop up head cleaning system throughout the pool and spa. What I was trying to figure out is the two lines feeding into the suction side are designated one for the skimmer and one for the main drain. Right??? Now the way they have it set up is only water is feeding into the suction (pump) from one of the lines and I know its the skimmer side. Shouldn't the valve somehow be set up to have both lines open so as to have the skimmer and main drain open together?

If you have a true pool/spa combo, the pool and spa each have their own sets for suction and return lines. The valve actuator should sit on the valve that splits them.

In Pool Mode or Spa Fill mode, the actuator should close the spa side suction.

In Spa Mode or Spa Drain, the actuator should open the Spa Suction which closes the Pool Suction.

On the return side, you have an actuator to open/close the spa and pool returns. The Pool return side may be further divided to pool returns and In-Floor system if the In-Floor systems isn't on another pump of it's own, in which case, it would have it's own suction, separate from the the pool/spa pump's suction sets. Without a pic or two of your equipment pad and a description of the lines in the pics, I can't be more specific. There isn't enough info yet.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.