Replacing Hayward super pump 1 1/2hp

Nov 30, 2007
Benton, Ky,
My pump is on it's last leg and needs replacing...

I'm thinking of replacing it with the same pump but in a 2 speed model....

Is SP2610X152S the correct part number for a Hayward Super Pump Dual speed 1 1/2HP...??

Is this the unit with the square basket strainer that has the fold down hand tightening knobs..??

The Hayward website lacks good descriptions of their products..especially the 2 speed models...

When researching this part number at various online stores...some show their pic of this model as the gold colored motor with the square basket strainer that has the fold down hand tightening knobs (which I want)... while other online stores show their pic as the silver colored motor with the round basket strainer and the screw on lid (which is actually the Super Pump II, I think)....

Super Pumps have square lids and baskets. The Super II has a round threaded lid and pump basket.

Two speed Super Pumps come in 1, 1.5, and 2 HP models. The 2 HP unit has 2" ports. The others are 1.5" ports. All three models require 230VAC connections.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
Super Pumps have square lids and baskets. The Super II has a round threaded lid and pump basket.

Two speed Super Pumps come in 1, 1.5, and 2 HP models. The 2 HP unit has 2" ports. The others are 1.5" ports. All three models require 230VAC connections.

Scott

Thanks...

Any suggestions on the best or cheapest place to buy this pump...??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.